Quite the transformation! Custom was hired to do a kitchen remodel in Summerfield. First we removed the soffit above the upper cabinets to gain an additional 12″ of storage space. The peninsula was replaced with a 90″ island. The dishwasher was relocated to the left side of the sink to provide a more functional layout. Pewter cabinets with a navy island were selected with beautiful Quartz countertops and finished with a classic white subway tile. Under cabinet lighting, pendants above the island and overhead canned lights were a perfect solution to providing more light in the space. We were even able to incorporate one of my new favorite options for floor tile to complete the look.
How we transformed a kitchen from 1965
This was a beautiful kitchen transformation. We started with a kitchen that was originally built in 1965. It had damaged vinyl flooring, dated appliances, and it basically just looked like it was a kitchen from 1965. We literally removed everything from the kitchen, then started fresh.
This white kitchen has an 11 foot custom made walnut island. The white farm sink is complimented with an oil rubbed bronze bridge faucet. Tons of storage with white shaker style cabinets and two floor to ceiling pantries. The contractor couldn’t believe how many drawers we put in here, 35 total. A custom made hanging rack in the corner is perfect for storing cookware, and is also oil rubbed bronze to match the our bridge faucet and the cabinetry hardware. We did a classic, yet simple and clean white tile back splash. Which is also used under the island where the bar stools sit. The contractor left the right side of the sink open, with two shelves supported with simple white corbels. Then finished with a lovely traditional oak hard wood floor. Call us today and lets see what kind of transformation we can make for you!
Custom Construction and Renovations, Inc.
Proudly serving: Greensboro, Jamestown, High Point, Summerfield, Oak Ridge, Lake Jeanette, Browns Summit, Kernersville, UNCG, and surrounding areas
Locally owned and operated we pride ourselves in creating or re-creating any home space you desire. Whether we assist in building your vision or we work together to create an original design, we promise to deliver a quality product with excellent customer service.
How to find the RIGHT contractor for your home improvement?
- Do your homework
- Verification of the NC state license can easily be done online
- Check the Better Business Bureau rating
- Read reviews of the contractor online
- Get an idea of the project budget
- Ask for references
- Get 2 to 3 quotes
- Recognize a sales pitch versus a contractor who is able to speak intelligently about your project.
- Estimates are rarely apples to apples, but this will allow you to pick the one you feel is the best fit for you and your project.
- Does the contractor ask you to pull the permit – if so the company may not be licensed or the license may not be in good standing with city or state
- Ask questions, and take notes
- NC state license?
- Does the general contractor use licensed subcontractors?
- Insurance? Not just auto, how about general liability
- Ask for pictures of previous work – are they just “after” pictures or do they have before and after?
- Will you deal with the same person throughout the remodel or just the day you sign the contract and the final walk thru?
- What kind of warranty? Tail light warranty or the industry standard.
- GET IT IN WRITING – a contract requires 3 parts
- Terms (proposal)
- Acceptance (signature)
- Payment (deposit)